Please review the following information prior to registering for New Student Orientation.
*If you plan to change your major, you must do so before you register for New Student Orientation, as all colleges do not advise on all dates. Call Undergraduate Admissions first at (301) 314-8385 to make the change.
- I have read understand all of the information provided on the New Student Orientation website.
- Transfer Students
- • I understand Transfer programs during the summer (May/June/July) and winter (December/January) months are one-day programs and no housing will be provided.
- • Transfer and freshman 1-day program check-in begins at 8:00 AM and students will end by 4:00 PM.
- First-Year students
- • I understand that freshmen programs during the summer (May/June/July) are two-day programs and I will be provided housing on-campus. Freshmen programs during the late summer (August) are one-day programs and no housing will be provided.
- • I understand that check-in for freshman 2-day programs over the summer begins at 7:45 AM at Easton Hall, and the program begins promptly at 9:00 AM on the first day, and students will end at 2:30 PM the second day. I will keep these times in mind while making travel arrangements.
- I understand orientation is mandatory for all new degree-seeking students and I will therefore not make plans during my orientation program, and will complete it entirely.
- I understand that the University of Maryland highly encourages each student to have at least one family member attend New Student Orientation with the student so the family can gain information and be best prepared to help the student transition to UMD. I acknowledge that the student schedule is sometimes separate from the Parent and Family Orientation Program schedule. Family member housing is not provided during any programs.
- Health Insurance and Immunization
- • I understand I am required to submit an Immunization record through the health center.
- • I understand that I am required to have Health Insurance, and if I don't waive the Student Health Insurance Plan I will be enrolled and charged the full amount for the plan.
- I understand that if I am involved in a living and learning program such as Honors, Scholars, Civicus, Global Communities, etc. I am NOT required to attend a program for my living and learning program. I can sign up for any program available for my major.
I understand that I must allow up to 48 hours for my enrollment deposit to process before I attempt to register for orientation. I will NOT be able to register until that payment has been processed.
I understand that I will not be charged for my program until AFTER I attend New Student Orientation. I should not attempt to pay for my program until the charge for New Student Orientation shows up on my student account. Paying ahead of time may complicate that payment process. Charges and amounts can be found on the New Student Orientation website and during the following registration process.
|First-Year 2-day Program
|Transfer/Freshman 1-Day Program
|Parent/Family Member 1-Day Program
|Early Arrival/Late Stay (For 2-Day programs)
|Orientation No-Show Fee
|Terp Trips(for parents of students
attending a 2-day program)
*For more information on Terp Trips, click here.
As a reminder, these charges will only be posted to the student account AFTER you attend New Student Orientation
Once you have reviewed and understand the above information, please click the shell to continue.