While our traditional Orientation Program where students register for classes, meet with an academic advisor, and connect with our orientation staff will be virtual for Summer 2021, we recognize there are some aspects of the orientation experience that can’t be replicated online.
Our office is excited to announce that while safety conditions permit, we will be offering Terp Visit Days throughout the Summer 2021 season. These Terp Visit Days will provide new students the opportunity to visit campus (in small groups practicing social distancing, as needed). Students who register for a Terp Visit Day will have a chance to explore campus with their new fellow Terps and their Orientation Advisor(s), experience campus Dining, learn UMD Traditions, visit key campus buildings, and learn more about their new home. The primary focus of our Terp Visit Days is to highlight and introduce the student and campus life experience.
A sample schedule of the day is available below, but is subject to change slightly.
Please Note: The university will be actively monitoring COVID-19 and will continue to follow all university, state, and national guidelines when it comes to COVID-19, large gatherings, and proper CDC protocol. In the event that state and local guidelines regarding gatherings change or decrease we will have to make the necessary call to cancel impacted programs.
Please Note: Attending a Terp Visit Day is OPTIONAL and does not replace your required Online New Student Orientation. You must still register for a formal 2-Day or 1-Day New Student Orientation to Register for classes.
UMD Terp Visit Day Schedule
UMD Terp Visit Days Health & Safety Protocol
Mask Requirement Policy
As of May 28th at 5pm, the University of Maryland no longer requires masks indoors or outdoors except in designated settings for those who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Though this is the case, we still encourage students to be respectful of fellow participants' comfort levels with group gatherings. We welcome you to still wear a mask if it makes you more comfortable! If you are not fully vaccinated against COVID-19, you will still need to wear a mask.
Terp Visit Day Participant Testing and Vaccination
For the safety of participants and staff, ALL Terp Visit Day participants will be required to provide proof of the COVID-19 Vaccine OR a negative COVID-19 PCR Test taken within 72 Hours of your visit. You will provide proof of your COVID-19 Vaccine OR a negative COVID-19 PCR Test at Check-In. If you experience any symptoms related to COVID-19 within 10 days of your scheduled Terp Visit Day we ask that you contact our office at 301-314-8217 to reschedule.
No Families or Guests
To ensure we remain under the capacity that our office and the university has deemed safe, our Terp Visit Days are restricted to incoming students only.
Registration is now open!
Please select a date from the list below to register for Terp Visit Days. Dates are first-come, first-serve so if a date is full feel free to return to this page and select another option. If you can only attend one date and it’s full, please feel free to fill out the waitlist form.
Friday, May 28, 2021
Wednesday, June 2, 2021
Friday, June 4, 2021
Tuesday, June 8, 2021
Thursday, June 10, 2021
Tuesday, June 15, 2021
Thursday, June 17, 2021
Tuesday, June 22, 2021
Tuesday, June 29, 2021
Thursday, July 1, 2021
Tuesday, July 13, 2021
Thursday, July 15, 2021
Tuesday, July 20, 2021
Thursday, July 22, 2021
Tuesday, July 27, 2021
Friday, July 30, 2021
Tuesday, August 3, 2021
Tuesday, August 17, 2021
Wednesday, 18, 2021
Thursday, August 19, 2021
Monday, August 23, 2021
UMD Terp Visit Days Frequently Asked Questions
How can I register to participate in a Terp Visit Day?
- You can register for Terp Visit Days by clicking one of the links above. If you have any issues please feel free to contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 301-314-8217.
How many students can attend each Terp Visit Day?
- Our Terp Visit Day capacities will largely depend on state and local guidelines regarding large gatherings and COVID-19. Our hope is to cap each of our programs at 150 incoming Terps and the large majority of the program will be spent in small groups of 10-12 students.
Will I be required to wear a mask during Terp Visit Days?
- Yes a mask is required for all Terp Visit Day participants and staff for the duration of the visit (with the exception of meals).
If I have been vaccinated, do I need to still wear a mask?
- Yes a mask is still required even if you have been vaccinated.
If I have been vaccinated, do I still need to provide a negative COVID Test?
- No, if you have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 you do not need to provide a negative COVID test to attend Terp Visit Days but will need to provide proof of COVID vaccination (physical copy of vaccination card or picture).
Will I be required to provide a negative COVID test before attending a Terp Visit Day?
- The University of Maryland will be following all university, state, federal & CDC guidelines when it comes to keeping our participants, staff, and community safe. As of right now, ALL Terp Visit Day participants will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or a negative COVID Test taken within 72 hours of your visit. You will provide proof of your vaccine or negative COVID-19 Test at Check-In.
Is there a cost to participate in Terp Visit Days?
- The cost to participate in one of our optional Terp Visit Days will be $40.00 and will be billed to your student account after your Orientation. You can learn more about when we bill student accounts HERE. The $40.00 fee covers breakfast, lunch, parking, Maryland swag items, & our undergraduate and professional staffing. We do have a fee waiver available for those who qualify for financial assistance. You can email us at email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Can I register for classes during my Terp Visit Day?
- No. Our Terp Visit Days are optional and completely separate from your REQUIRED formal Online New Student Orientation experience. You must register for New Student Orientation in order to register for classes.
I’m signed up for the June 1st & 2nd Orientation. Can I attend the June 2nd Terp Visit Day?
- Your Terp Visit Day and your New Student Orientation CANNOT and SHOULD NOT overlap. If you register to participate in a Terp Visit Day it should be on a different day from your New Student Orientation so that you do not conflict with your academic advising appointment.
Do I have to attend my Online New Student Orientation first before I attend a Terp Visit Day?
- No, you do not have to attend your New Student Orientation before you attend a Terp Visit Day. For example, if you are registered for orientation on June 7th & 8th you can still register to attend a Terp Visit Day on June 2nd or June 4th or any of the dates after your orientation.
Are Terp Visit Days open to parents, family members, and/or guests?
- For the safety of the students, staff, and campus community we have determined that our Terp Visit Days will be for students ONLY. This is a new program that we have created for this Summer to offer an additional experience for new students (Freshmen, Freshmen Connection, & Transfers). We want to ensure that we keep numbers safe and low to protect all participants. We have limited space and want to ensure that priority is given to our new Terps. Terp family members can register for our online Terp Family Orientation Program.
Is parking included for my Terp Visit Day and where should I park?
- Yes, parking is included for your Terp Visit Day. All participants should use the following Lot 1 Parking Pass, please display your parking pass on your dashboard. Parking Pass