UNIV100 and UNIV101 Learning Outcomes and Goals
UNIV 100/101 Goals
- To assist students in their transition to the UMCP community.
- To introduce students to the academic environment at UMCP.
- To help students explore the world of higher education and clarify why they
are in college and establish realistic goals for their collegiate experience.
- To assist students in their identification with UMCP while learning about whom they are and how they fit in the University environment.
- To help students learn the vast number of resources available to them at the
- University of Maryland (i.e. library, cultural activities, extracurricular, academic
- To assist students in their skill development (i.e. career decision making, academic
skill development, communication skills, etc.)
- To assist students in their understanding of developmental patterns that will face them in their undergraduate career.
- To develop an appreciation for the cultural diversity at the University of Maryland.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will discuss their personal and academic goals for their freshman year at the University of Maryland.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of cultural diversity.
- Students will distinguish among campus resources those that are beneficial to their transition.