After Orientation Checklist
What are your next steps?
Now that you have attended New Student Orientation, you are well prepared to be an active, engaged Terp! You've become familiar with campus, registered for classes, and met current students, your peers, and academic advisors and faculty. But there are still some key additional steps to complete before starting classes, as well as some key pieces of information to review to make sure your transition to Maryland is as smooth as possible.
Below, we have listed some key dates and information to help you prepare for Maryland and beyond. More information, opportunities, and resources will be shared with you by your advising college, the Department of Resident Life, and the university via email, so please be sure to check your TerpMail account (your UMD email account) regularly for important information and official university correspondence. Also, take a moment to review our Virtual Folder for additional information, links, and more.
- Wellness Training
- All incoming students are required to complete three trainings prior to the start of the semester: Alcohol EDU, Prescription Drug Abuse Prevention and Sexual Assault Prevention. Access to the trainings begins in late July for Summer Orientation and students can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions about compliance for spring admitted students. For more information, check out this website.
- Upcoming Events:
- Fall Welcome
- During the first week after move-in, first year students are invited to participate in UMD’s yearly fall welcome, filled with amazing events! Be prepared to be greeted by UMD’s president, meet the Mighty Sound of Maryland, and the best mascot in the Big 10, Testudo!
- First Look Fair
- In the first few weeks of the semester, students are encouraged to check out our 900 clubs and organizations at the First Look Fair. Get free terp gear, participate in fun activities, and meet new students just like you! There is also a Second Look Fair held in the Spring semester for students to continue to find involvement opportunities.
- Student Entertainment Events
- Student Entertainment Events (SEE) puts on a ton of amazing events from free movies to comedy shows and concerts! Check out the events for the fall here!
- Fall Welcome
Submit Your Immunization Record & Waive Your Health Insurance
At UMD it is required that all students have an Immunization Record on file with the University Health Center. Immunization Records are due by the first day of classes! Complete the health insurance waiver or enroll in the school-sponsored plan (SHIP).